Fernando J Miguel, Richard Carter con Magento 2 Theme Design - Second Edition
Create stunning and responsive Magento 2 themes for your business
About This Book
- Realize the full potential of theme design in Magento 2
- Design attractive themes for your e-commerce store to make them stand out amongst the crowd
- Practical skills and examples ensure you can take what you’ve learnt to your own projects – limited only by your own creativity!
Who This Book Is For
This book is for web designers and developers with existing knowledge of CSS, HTML, and XML who wish to create themes for Magento 2. Existing Magento 1.x theme designers who now want to develop themes for Magento 2 will also find this book useful.
What You Will Learn
- Implement a local development Magento environment
- Understand the workings of the Magento theme structure
- Edit an existing Magento theme to satisfy your business needs
- Create print strategies for the Magento 2.0 theme
- Generate specific blocks to improve the Magento 2.0 theme
- Explore specific Magento programming Methods to improve the Magento 2.0 theme
- Customize the Magento 2.0 admin panel to create a new Magento 2.0 admin theme
- Build a Twitter module for Magento 2.0 and integrate Magento 2.0 with social bookmarking
Magento is the e-commerce software and platform trusted by the world’s leading brands. Using Magento’s powerful theming engine, you can control the look, content, and functionality, and easily launch a flexible e-commerce website. However, because of its powerful features, developing Magento themes is easier said than done.
This book aims to leverage the enhancements to theme designing in Magento 2 to the fullest. It will show you how to gear up the performance of your e-commerce website.
We begin by introducing Magento 2 and its features along with implementing a local development Magento environment. We then move on to discuss the concepts of the Magento theme structure such as templates, inheritance, customization, and override.
Further on, we explore the Magento UI Library, which is a new feature available in Magento 2.0. We will create a new Magento 2.0 theme named MyCake Store using Magento Bootstrap from Maven E-commerce and also create print strategies for the Magento 2.0 theme. We will also create and customize a new theme proposal for the Magento admin panel. At the end, we will integrate Magento 2.0 to Twitter and integrate it with social bookmarking and finally deploy our new Magento 2.0 theme.
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide to customizing the look and feel of your online store by creating stunning and responsive themes from scratch. In addition to creating new themes, the book will also offer guidance on customizing existing themes.
Fernando J Miguel has been working with software development since 2003 and has continued researching methods to improve his skills through hard work and commitment. He has worked with CMS since 2004 and Magento, specifically, since 2009. A Certified Professional Scrum Master by the Scrum Alliance, he loves to apply agile as a way of life and improves himself to achieve excellence in work and customers and team satisfaction. He has a background on different technologies and is always seeking the best solution for the current project. As a University professor, he motivates students to find their own paths and seek excellence in their professional IT careers. Fernando has a bachelor's degree in Information Systems (Modulo University - Caraguatatuba/SP - Brazil). He has post graduated in Project Management/PMI-PMBOK (Cruzeiro do Sul University - Sao Paulo/SP - Brazil). He worked as a Technical Reviewer for Magento 1.4 Theming cookbook, Mastering Magento, Mastering Magento [Video], Mastering Magento Theme Design. He was the Author of Magento 2 Development Essentials (2016).